1 big lemon / 2 tbsp lemon juice
small square piece ginger
6 big garlic cloves
3-4 medium green chillies
1 tsp pepper corns
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
4 cups water
1 tsp mustard seeds
2-3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
2-3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Crush well ginger, green chillies, garlic cloves and pepper corns together and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the crushed mixture , 4 cups of water, turmeric powder and salt and boil well till the raw smell disappears.
- Then reduce the flame to medium and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry and pour this to the rasam.
- Now add lemon juice to this and mix well. Adjust the salt. Serve with rice…