1 red capsicum / bell pepper, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2 dry red chillies
1 garlic clove
2 tsp chana dal
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp urad dal
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
3 tsp oil
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add chana dal and red chilli and roast till the dal becomes golden brown. Drain from the oil and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add chopped capsicum, shallots and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add the chopped tomato and saute until the tomatoes turn soft.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool completely.
- First grind the chana dal and red chilli into coarse powder.
- Then add the sauteed items and salt and grind to a smooth paste and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fry urad dal and curry leaves.
- Pour this tempering over the red capsicum chutney and serve with dosa / idli…