2 cups red spinach / chuvanna cheera / red amaranth, finely chopped
18-20 jackfruit seeds / chakkakuru
3 shallots, sliced
2-3 green chillies, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Clean and cut jackfruit seeds / chakkakuru into medium pieces.
- In a pan, add chopped chakkakuru and cook at medium flame adding salt and enough water for 10 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Grind together grated coconut, shallots, chilli powder and turmeric powder to a coarse mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves, green chillies and garlic and saute well.
- Add chopped spinach and salt and mix well. Cover and cook at low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut mix into this and mix well and cook it covered for 3 minutes at low flame.
- Open the lid and add cooked chakkakuru, mix well and cook at low flame for another 3-4 minutes until it gets dry, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from flame and serve with rice…