2-3 tomatoes/ thakkali , cubed
1 cup grated coconut
1 1/2 -2 cups yoghurt, beaten
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
3 green chillies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2-3 dry red chillies
few curry leaves
salt to taste
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds, shallots, 2 green chillies and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder to a smooth paste adding little water. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add tomatoes, 1 slit green chilli, chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, few curry leaves and salt and cook at medium-low flame adding about 1- 1 1/2 cups of water.
- When cooked, add the ground coconut paste, mix well and cook for few minutes at low flame.
- Reduce the heat and add the beaten yoghurt , mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes. Don’t allow to boil. Switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry.
- Pour this seasoning over the curry and close the lid… Serve with rice…