2 cups plain flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
50 gm butter, softened
1/4 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup icing sugar / confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Line a baking sheet with baking paper/ parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt till well combined.
- In another large mixing bowl, add butter, oil, sugar and brown sugar and beat till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla essence and beat till combined.
- Then add the flour mixture and beat on low speed till combined.
- Place the icing sugar/ confectioners sugar in a plate for rolling.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of dough and then shape them into a ball.
- Roll them in icing sugar until completely coated and place on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-13 minutes till the cookies will slightly spread and form cracks on the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely…..