1/2 kg beef
1 big onion, chopped
2 tsp ginger, crushed
2 tsp garlic, crushed
2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp vinegar
small piece cinnamon
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Cut the beef into pieces , wash it and drain the water completely and keep it aside.
- In a pan, dry roast cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and cumin seeds together and then powder it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add chopped onion and saute well till brown.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and curry leaves and saute well.
- Add cleaned beef and salt and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and pepper powder and mix well.
- Add vinegar to this and mix well.
- Then add powdered garam masala ( step 2 ) and mix well.
- Add about 1/2 cup of water into this and cook covered at medium flame for about 7-8 whistles or till the beef is cooked well.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and add curry leaves and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove it from the flame and serve hot with pathiri, ghee rice etc…