500 ml milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/4-1/2 cup condensed milk
25-50 gm unsalted butter
8 gm china grass
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup water
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp water
2-3 tbsp cashew nuts
- Soak china grass in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes.
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp water and melt it at low flame till it caramelize.
- Switch off the flame and add cashew nuts and mix well. Then transfer it to a baking paper and allow to cool.
- In a sauce pan, combine 3/4 cup sugar and 3 tbsp water at low flame. Allow the sugar to melt and bring to a boil. Do not stir, swirl the pan.
- When the sugar caramelize ( take care during this step, do not allow to burn ), remove from the flame and add butter and mix well.
- Then switch on the flame and add milk and stir continuously. ( The caramel will be thick at first and then it will become soft when the milk starts to boils).
- Add condensed milk and mix well. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- In the meantime, melt the soaked china grass in another pan on low flame, stirring continuously until the china grass dissolves completely.
- When the milk mixture reaches the boiling point, add the melted china grass and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool little and then pour this into a pudding tray.
- Crush the caramelized cashew nuts and add 2 tbsp into the pudding.
- Keep it in the refrigerator till set … Garnish with caramelized nuts and butterscotch syrup / chocolate syrup and serve chilled…
Recipe Source: Fadwa’s Kitchen