2 cups idli batter
1 big carrot / 3/4 -1 cup thick carrot puree
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 inch ginger, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 sprig curry leaves, chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
- Peel and cut carrot into small pieces and then grind it to a smooth puree adding little water.
- In a mixing bowl, take idli batter and add carrot puree and salt and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add splutter mustard seeds.
- Add finely chopped onion, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add this to the idli batter and mix well.
- Heat a paniyaram pan and add few drops of oil in each hole.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in each hole and cook for 3-4 minutes on low- medium flame.
- Then turn it using a skewer or spoon gently and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- When both sides are cooked and turns golden, remove paniyarams from pan and serve hot with chutney….