For Chemba Idiyappam
2 cup red rice flour / chemba idiyappam podi (I used store-bought idiyappam flour )
boiling water as required
salt to taste
oil for greasing
For Sweetened Coconut Milk / Paal
2 cups thick coconut milk
100 gm jaggery , crushed (adjust to your sweetness)
a pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, add chemba rice flour and salt and mix well.
- Add required amount of boiling water into this and mix thoroughly by stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Then knead well with your hands until the dough becomes soft.
- Grease the idiyappam maker/ press and idli plates with little oil to prevent sticking.
- Fill the dough in an idiyappam maker/ press and rotate/press little dough gently into the greased idli plates.
- Place the idli plates in a steamer and steam cook for 10-12 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot with any curries or sweetened coconut milk…
For Sweetened Coconut Milk:
- In a blender, add the coconut milk, crushed jaggery, cardamoms and a pinch of salt and blend well.
- Transfer this to a bowl / jug and serve with idiyappam….