1 1/4 – 1 1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
2 medium onions, sliced
8 garlic cloves, chopped
1 piece ginger, chopped
7-10 green chillies , slit
1 cup less sour yoghurt, beaten
1/2 – 1 tsp white pepper powder
1/2 cup fresh cream
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 big piece cinnamon, cut into pieces
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1-1 1/2 tbsp ghee
1-1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Soak almond in little water and then grind to a paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic and green chillies ( if the chilli is too spicy, remove seeds from half of them) and saute.
- Add sliced onions and saute well till soft. Don’t saute till brown.
- Remove it from the flame and allow it to cool and then grind to a paste adding little water. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan and add cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces and salt, mix well and cook covered till 3/4 done, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground masala paste to this and mix well.
- Add yoghurt and mix well and cook for about 10 minutes till the chicken is cooked well.
- When the gravy starts to thicken, add almond paste and mix well and allow to boil for 5 minutes at medium flame.
- Add white pepper powder ( if you don’t have, add black pepper powder) and mix well.
- Then reduce the flame and add fresh cream and mix well for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Adjust the salt and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with little fresh cream and little coriander leaves.. Serve hot…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven