25-30 squid pieces, cut into rings
1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp + 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp milk
1- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs ( if not available, regular bread crumbs can be used)
salt to taste
oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine together plain flour, 1 tsp black pepper powder, 1/2 tsp paprika powder, onion powder, garlic powder and little salt.
- In another bowl, add the egg, milk and a pinch of salt and beat well with a spoon. Keep it aside
- Mix panko bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp pepper powder and 1/2 tsp paprika powder in a plate and keep it aside.
- Take the squid rings one by one and first coat it with the flour mixture and then dip it in egg mixture and then roll in bread crumbs to coat well.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the prepared squid rings in batches at medium flame till it turns golden and crisp.
- Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel…Serve hot with sauce or your favorite dip…
Recipe Source: Sanaa’s recipe note book