1 cup raw rice / pachari
1/2 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup grated coconut
salt to taste
water as required
- Wash the raw rice and soak in water for 3-4 hours.
- In a blender/ grinder, add the drained raw rice, cooked rice, grated coconut and salt and grind together adding enough water to a smooth batter.
- Transfer this to a bowl and add water if required. The batter is of dosa batter consistency.
- Heat a flat manchatti / clay tawa ( odu) at medium-high flame and pour 1 1/2 ladleful of batter to the hot pan.
- When tiny holes starts to appear over the ottu pola, reduce the flame and cover it with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes at low-medium flame. No need to turn other side..
- Remove the ottu pola using a spatula and place it on a serving plate.
- Then increase the flame and pour the batter and repeat the same with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with chicken / beef / mutton or any other your favourite curry..