1 cup raw rice
1/2 cup cooked rice
1/2-3/4 cup sugar ( add to your sweetness)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
a pinch of baking soda (optional)
oil for frying
- Wash and soak the raw rice in water for 3-4 hours.
- In a blender, add the drained rice, cooked rice, sugar and salt and grind well adding about 1/2 cup of water.
- Transfer to a bowl and add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add baking soda and mix well. The batter should be of pouring consistency. Not too thick or thin. Keep it covered for 3-4 hours.
- Heat oil in an unniyappam pan / karachatti at medium flame.
- Pour 3/4 th full of batter in each hole and cook on low-medium flame till the sides gets cooked.
- Then turn it using a skewer or spoon gently and cook the other side until it turns golden brown colour and cooked.
- Remove from the pan and drain them on a paper towel…Serve hot..