2 cups puttu podi / rice flour
1 cup grated carrot
1 cup drumstick leaves/ muringayila
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
2 tbsp curry leaves, chopped
3/4 cup grated coconut, or as required
salt to taste
- In a bowl, add the puttupodi and salt and add water little by little and mix well with hand without any lumps till it becomes wet/ moist.
- Then add grated carrot, muringayila, chopped ginger and curry leaves and mix well. Keep it aside for 5-10 minutes. (Sprinkle little water if required and mix well).
- Take a puttu maker and layer it with grated coconut first, then the puttupodi and then the grated coconut again. Repeat the process till the puttu maker is filled.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove it to a plate and serve hot…