15 chakkakuru / jackfruit seeds, peeled and chopped
1 tomato, chopped
4-5 green chillies, slit
1/2 tsp turmerc powder
1 tsp chilli powder
2 cups muringayila, cleaned
1 cup grated coconut
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- In a pan, add chopped jackfruit seeds, green chillies, tomato, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and enough water and mix well. Cook it covered for about 15 minutes till jackfruit seeds are cooked.
- Then add muringayila / drumstick leaves into this, mix well and cook covered for 5 minutes at medium flame.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds and shallots to a smooth paste adding 1/2 cup of water.
- Add this ground coconut paste and mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, add dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry.
- Pour this over the curry and mix well. Serve hot with rice…