1 1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
1 1/2 cup shallots
12 garlic cloves
1 big piece ginger
3 green chillies
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
3/4 tsp fennel powder
1/2 tsp crushed pepper
2-3 sprigs curry leaves
salt to taste
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Crush together 12-15 shallots, garlic, ginger and green chillies and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add cleaned chicken pieces, crushed mixture, turmeric powder, 1 tbsp coconut oil and salt and mix well with hand.
- Then add in crushed pepper, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala and 1/4 tsp fennel powder and mix well with hand. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- In a thick bottomed pan, add the marinated chicken and 1/4 cup of water and cook it covered till almost done.
- Then open the lid and mix well and cook till well cooked and dry.
- In the meantime , heat 1/4 cup coconut oil in a pan and add curry leaves and 1 cup sliced shallots and saute well till colour changes.
- Add the cooked chicken pieces into this and mix well.
- Add 1/2 tsp garam masala and 1/2 tsp fennel powder and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and transfer into a serving plate and serve hot…