300 gm prawns, cleaned
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp pepper powder
2-3 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp +1 tsp red chilli sauce
2 1/2 tbsp plain flour
2 1/2 tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp cornflour
1 1/2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 onion, cubed
1 capsicum, chopped
3-4 tbsp spring onions, chopped
2 tsp crushed chilli
1-2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 pinch sugar
1/4 tsp vinegar
salt to taste
oil, as required
- In a bowl, add cleaned prawns, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1 tsp soy sauce, red chilli sauce and salt and mix well. Keep it aside for 15-30 minutes.
- Add plain flour and 2 1/2 tbsp cornflour into this and mix well with hand. Then fry it in the hot oil at medium flame and keep it aside.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of same oil in the pan and add finely chopped garlic and saute well.
- Add chopped ginger and green chillies and saute well till raw smell goes.
- Add cubed onion and saute for a minute. Add chopped capsicum and little salt and saute at high flame.
- Add chopped spring onion and mix well. Add crushed chilli and 1/2 tsp pepper powder and mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, 1 tbsp chilli sauce and 1-2 tsp soy sauce adding 2 tbsp water.
- Add this sauce mixture and mix well. Add sugar and vinegar and mix well.
- Add 1- 1/2 tsp cornflour mixed with 1/2-1 cup of water and cook for 2 minutes at low flame.
- When it boils, add fried prawns and mix well at high flame. Add chopped spring onion greens and switch off the flame…Serve hot..