1 2/3 cup plain flour
125 gm unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
green, orange and red hard candies / lollies ( lollipops, poppins, lifesaver etc)
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and beat well using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla essence and beat until combined.
- Then add the plain flour and mix to form a smooth dough using hand and then wrap in plastic/ cling wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper / parchment paper.
- If you are using lollipops/ hard candies, place the lollies in 3 different ziplock bags colour-wise and crush them using rolling pin.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface using rolling pin to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut out rectangles of 4 x 10 cm using sharp knife or rectangular cutter.
- Using a a small round cutter (1 1/2-2 cm), cut out 3 holes/ circles in each rectangle.
8. Place them on the prepared baking trays , two inches apart .
8. Then place the lollies into each circle, with a red lolly in the top hole, orange in the middle and green in the bottom hole. ( or add crushed lollies colour-wise on each circle)..
9. Bake them in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes until lightly golden or until lollies have melted.
10. Remove from the oven and let them cool down for 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely………