1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 cup roasted semolina / rava
1/2-3/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp sesame seeds
salt to taste
oil for frying
- In a sauce pan, boil 1 1/2 cup water adding salt.
- When it starts to boil, add semolina and mix well and boil for 1 minute.
- Then add rice flour and mix well.
- Reduce the flame and add plain flour as required and mix well.
- Add sesame seeds and switch off the flame. Transfer it to a plate and mix well with spoon.
- When it is warm enough to handle, knead well with your hands until the dough becomes smooth adding plain flour.
7. Make 2 or 3 balls out of the dough and roll it in a floured surface using a rolling pin and cut out small rounds using a round cookie cutter.
8. Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and deep fry the pathiri’s on both sides till golden.
9. Drain on paper towels and serve hot with any spicy non-veg curry…