1 1/4-1 1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
2 tbsp ginger paste
1 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
6 green chillies, slit
4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 bay leaf
2 piece cinnamon
4 onions, thinly sliced
2 cups less sour yogurt
2 tbsp whole coriander seeds
2 tbsp ghee
salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl , add cleaned chicken pieces , turmeric powder, chilli powder, garlic paste, ginger paste, slit green chillies, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and salt and mix well with hand.
- Add thinly sliced onions into this and mix well with hand.
- Then add less sour yogurt and mix well with hand and keep it aside for 2 hours.
- In a small blender, add coriander seeds and grind it into coarse powder and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add coriander powder ( step 4) and saute well till raw smell goes.
- Add marinated chicken with masala into this and mix well for 5 minutes.
- Then cook covered for 1 whistle and switch off the flame.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and heat for few minutes till it thickens and oil separates.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with pathiri, neer dosa, ghee rice etc…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven