250 gm mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 tomato, chopped
1 tbsp ginger, thinly sliced
3-4 garlic, thinly sliced
4-5 green chillies, slit
1/2 cup grated coconut
5-6 cashew nuts
a pinch of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp pepper powder
2 pinch of fennel powder
1 piece of cinnamon
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
2- 3 tbsp oil
- Grind together grated coconut and cashew nuts to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Add sliced ginger and slit green chillies and saute well.
- Add sliced garlic and curry leaves and saute.
- Add chopped onion and little salt and saute well.
- Add sliced mushroom and salt, mix well and cook covered for 5 minutes at medium flame.
- Add pinch of turmeric powder, garam masala, pepper powder and fennel powder and mix well for 2 minutes till raw smell goes.
- Add chopped tomato and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ground coconut paste and 1/2 cup of hot water, mix well and allow to boil.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame. Serve hot…