200-250 gms rice ada
1/2 kg jaggery, crushed
1/2 cup water
2 cups thin coconut milk (second extract)
1 cup thick coconut milk (first extract)
1/2 cup sugar
4 tbsp ghee
1 tsp cardamom powder
50 gm cashew nuts
50 gm raisins
- Boil 4-5 cups water in a pan and add ada and cook it in boiling water until it becomes soft.
- Then strain in a colander, rinse with cold running water and drain thoroughly.
- In a pan, melt crushed jaggery adding 1/2 cup of water and then srain it and keep it aside.
- Heat a uruli / thick bottomed pan and add 1 tbsp of ghee and spread evenly.
- Add cooked ada to this and saute for 2 minutes at medium flame.
- Then add the strained jaggery, mix well and cook at medium flame stirring in between.
- When it thickens, add sugar and mix well. Add 1 tbsp ghee and mix well.
- Then add thin coconut milk and boil well at medium-low flame until it thickens, stirring in between.
- Now add the thick coconut milk and mix well.
- Add the cardamom powder, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes at low flame. Don’t allow to boil. Switch off the flame.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry the cashew nuts and raisins.
- Pour this over the pradhaman , close with a lid for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot or cold…
Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair