1 cup beetroot, cut into small cubes.
1 cup grated coconut
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chillies
1 cup yogurt/ curd
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4-1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 dry red chillies
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Peel and chop beetroot into small cubes.
- Grind grated coconut with green chillies and cumin seeds to a fine paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the cubed beetroot and cook it adding 2 cups of water and salt until it turns soft and tender.
- Add the ground coconut paste to the cooked beetroot, mix well and cook at low flame for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Then add the beaten yoghurt to this and mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies and pour this over the pulissery…Serve with rice…
Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair Vlogs