2 big brinjals
2 big onions, finely chopped
2 cups basmati rice
3 cups of boiling water
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
3-4 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
3 tbsp ghee
- Cut brinjals into small cubes and keep it in salted water.
- Wash the rice, drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan and splutter mustard seeds and add cumin seeds.
- Reduce the flame to low and add turmeric powder and mix well. Add coriander powder, chilli powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add chopped onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped brinjal and saute for 5 minutes.
- Then add drained rice and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add 3 cups of boiling water and salt and mix well.
- When it starts to boil, cook it covered at low flame till done, stirring occasionally in between.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Switch off the flame and serve hot…