1/2 cup kaima rice / jeerakasala rice (cheriyari)
2 litres milk
1 tin condensed milk
1/4-1/2 sugar ( add to your sweetness, if required )
4 cardamoms, crushed
2 pinch salt
1 1/2-2 tsp ghee
8-10 cashew nuts
- In a large pressure cooker, add the washed rice and milk and bring to a simmer.
- Then lower the flame and close the pressure cooker and put on the weight.
- When the pressure builds up, reduce the flame to very low and cook for 45 minutes in the cooker.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and mix well. The rice should have cooked well now.
- Add the condensed milk and salt to this and stir well. Check for sweetness and add sugar if required.
- Switch on the flame again and mix well until combined and payasam get a thick creamy consistency.
- Add cardamon powder to this and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Heat ghee in a small pan and roast the cashew nuts until light golden.
- Add the fried cashew nuts to the payasam and serve warm or chilled…