1/2 kg boneless chicken, cut into pieces
2 1/2-3 tbsp yogurt
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
3/4 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp lime juice
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2 small tomatoes
1 tsp cumin seeds
2-2 1/2 tbsp fresh cream
1/2 tsp kasuri methi
1 tsp ghee
oil, as required
salt to taste
- In a bowl, take cleaned chicken pieces and add lime juice, yogurt, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala and salt and mix well with spoon.
- Add 1/2 tsp ginger paste, 1/2 tsp garlic paste and 1 tbsp oil and mix well. Keep it covered for minimum 30 minutes.
- Grind tomatoes using a blender and keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan and fry the marinated chicken pieces for 5 minutes on each side at low-medium flame. Keep it aside.
- Heat 3-4 tbsp oil in a thick bottomed pan and add cumin seeds and chopped onion and saute till soft.
- Add 1/2 tsp garlic paste and 1/2 tsp ginger paste and saute well.
- Add tomato paste ( step 3) and saute well for 5-6 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala and little salt and mix well and saute well for 3-4 minutes. Add 2 tbsp water if required.
- Then add 1 cup of water and mix well. When it boils well, add chicken pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream and mix well. Add kasuri methi and ghee and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot…