2 raw big mangoes
20-25 dry red chillies (vattal mulaku)
2 shallots, sliced
2 tsp mustard seeds
3-4 dry red chilles
1 sprig curry leaves
3-4 tbsp less sour curd/ yogurt
salt to taste
1-1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut mangoes into small pieces and mix it with salt. Transfer this to a glass bowl/ jar and keep it covered for a day.
- Soak dry red chillies in water for 3-4 hours and then grind to make a smooth paste adding little water.
- Add 1 tsp mustard seeds to this and just grind once to crush it. Keep it aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and splutter 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- Add sliced shallots , 3 dry red chillies and curry leaves and saute.
- Add ground chilli paste and salted water ( from mango ) and boil well at low flame till the raw smell goes. Adjust the water.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Then add the salted mango and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Add beaten curd to this and mix well.
- Transfer to a glass bottle / jar and keep it in the refrigerator…