1 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
8 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles / funfetti
1 cup white chocolate chips / chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a madeleine pan and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, vanilla essence and sugar and beat together until smooth and thick for about 2 minutes.
- Sift plain flour, baking powder and salt into this bowl and mix until it is just combined.
- Then slowly add in butter, stirring continuously ( or mix using beater at low speed ) until it has been completely incorporated.
- Add rainbow sprinkles/ funfetti and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the madeleine pan , filling the moulds 3/4th full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until madeleines are golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly, and then turn out on to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
For White Chocolate Dip:
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1- 1 1/2 minutes or until the chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred ( or melt by double boiling method ).
- Dip half of each cooled madeleines into melted chocolate and decorate the chocolate-coated side with sprinkles and allow them to set. .
- Place them on a parchment paper lined tray and allow to set before serving….