15 ripe jackfruit bulbs ( 1 cup ), chopped
1 cup semolina
1-1 1/4 cup sugar ( or add as required)
1 tbsp cashew nuts
1 tbsp raisins
3-4 tbsp ghee
- In a blender, add the chopped jackfruit pieces and puree / blend it well to a smooth paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry the cashew nuts and raisins and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add the semolina and roast at low flame.
- Add 2 cups of water and stir continuously until the rava gets cooked and all the water evaporates.
- Add jackfruit paste to this and mix well.
- Then add sugar and stir well on medium flame till the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the flame and add the fried cashew nuts and raisins and mix well.
- When the mixture starts thickening, add the ghee little by little and stir well. When the mixture separates from the pan, switch off the flame.
- Transfer this to a greased plate and spread little ghee and level/ flatten smoothly with a spoon . Serve warm or cooled….