1/2 kg kovakka/ ivy gourd
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/4-1/2 tsp pepper powder
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
2-3 tbsp coconut oil
salt to taste
- Wash and cut the kovakka into lengthwise pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add dry red chillies, curry leaves, chopped onion and green chillies and saute well till light brown.
- Add sliced kovakka , turmeric powder and salt and saute well for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and cook covered at medium flame, stirring in between. ( Add 3-4 tbsp of water in between and stir well).
- Add kashmiri chilli powder and pepper powder and stir well at low flame till the water completely dries up..
- Remove from the flame and serve hot with rice…