1 cup muringayila / drumstick leaves, cleaned
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 garlic cloves
1 dry red chilli
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Clean the drumstick leaves and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds, dry red chilli and garlic cloves to a smooth paste adding enough water. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a manchatti / pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add sliced shallots and saute well. Add the drumstick leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the flame and add turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Then add ground coconut with enough water and salt and mix well.
- Heat it at low flame for 4-5 minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Remove from the flame and serve with rice…..