4 bitter gourds / pavakka / kaipakka
5 green chillies, slit into half
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Slice the bitter gourds into slightly thick disc shapes.
- In a pan, add the sliced bitter gourd, green chillies, salt and enough water and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer the flame to medium and let it cook until the bitter gourd turns tender.
- Remove from the flame and drain off the water and spread them on a on a sheet lined with parchment paper / kitchen towel.
- Then dry them in the sun for 3-4 days until it completely dries up. Once it cools down, store them in an air-tight container.
- To fry, heat oil in a pan and add the dried bitter gourd and fry them at medium flame till it puff up.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with rice or have it as a snack….