2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4-1 1/2 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp red food colour
1/2 cup icing sugar / confectioners sugar
- In a mixing bowl, add plain flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder and mix well using whisk.
- In another large bowl, add sugar and eggs one at a time, whisking / mixing well after each addition till sugar dissolves.
- Then add oil and mix well. Add vanilla essence and red food colour and mix well.
- Now add the flour mixture little by little and mix well.
- Cover it with a cling wrap and chill it in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Line a baking sheet with baking paper/ parchment paper.
- Place the icing sugar/ confectioners sugar in a plate for rolling.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of dough and then shape them into a ball.
- Roll them in icing sugar until completely coated and place on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes till the cookies will slightly spread and form cracks on the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely…..