250 gm boneless chicken, cut into small cubes
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp + 2 tsp cornflour
1/4- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 onion, cubed
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 capsicum, cubed
1 tbsp schezwan sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
oil, as required
chopped spring onions
- In a bowl , add plain flour, cornflour, pepper powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the chicken cubes into this and mix well till the flour mixture coat evenly on the chicken.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the chicken till cooked and crisp on outside..Keep it aside.
- Mix 2 tsp cornflour with 1/4 cup of water and keep it aside.
- In a thick bottomed pan, heat 3 tsp oil and add chopped onion and garlic and cook till soft for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and cook for a minute.
- Then add the schezwan sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar and a cup of water and mix well and bring it to boil.
- When it starts to boil, add cornflour mixture (step 4) and allow to cook on low flame.
- Once the sauce thickens, add the fried chicken and mix well. Check the taste and adjust accordingly..
- Add chopped spring onion and switch off the flame… Serve hot…