1 cups taro stem / chembin thandu (thaalu) , finely chopped
1/2 cup grated coconut
2 green chillies
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup yoghurt
1/2 tsp crushed mustard
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Peel off the outer skin of taro stem and chop into small pieces and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the chopped taro stem and cook it covered at medium flame adding enough water and salt till soft and cooked.
- Grind together grated coconut, cumin seeds and green chillies to a smooth thick paste and then add 1/2 tsp crushed mustard seeds to this and mix well.
- Add this ground paste to the cooked taro stem, mix well and cook for 1- 2 minutes.
- Then add the beaten yoghurt and mix well. Check for salt and switch off the flame. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this over the pachadi…Serve with rice…