8 sponge fingers/ lady’s fingers
1 1/2 tbsp instant coffee powder / granules
5 1/2-6 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup / 226 gm mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
cocoa powder, for dusting
grated chocolate / chocolate shavings, for garnishing
- Add coffee granules and 2 tbsp sugar to 1 cup of water in a saucepan and heat it over high flame till the mixture simmers.
- Then reduce the flame to low and heat it for 2-3 minutes. Keep it aside to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together mascarpone cheese , vanilla essence and 2 1/2 tbsp sugar until creamy. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, beat whipping cream and 1 tbsp sugar until stiff peak forms.
- Add this into the mascarpone cheese and fold gently. Check sweetness and adjust sugar as needed.
- Cut sponge finger biscuits into pieces depending on the size of the base of serving glasses/ cups.
- Add a spoon of cream in the bottom of the serving cup. Dip the biscuit in coffee and immediately place it in the serving cup as a layer.
- Then spoon some more cream on top and add a layer of coffee soaked sponge finger biscuits.
- Top with another layer of cream and wrap it with plastic wrap.
- Repeat the same process for remaining cups. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings/ grated chocolate….