4 big ripe tomatoes
4 tbsp cornflour
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp pepper powder
2 tbsp tomato sauce
salt, as required
1 tbsp butter
8 cups water ( 3 cups + 4 cups + 1 cup)
- Chop each tomato into 6-8 pieces and keep it aside.
- In a saucepan, add chopped tomato and 3 cups of water and cook well.
- Allow it to cool and then puree/ grind it adding little water used for cooking tomatoes.
- Then strain well the pureed tomato to the remaining water used for cooking tomatoes and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add cornflour and 1 cup of water and mix well without any lumps.
- Transfer the strained tomato puree into a thick pan and add 4 cups of water. sugar, pepper powder and salt.
- Switch on the flame and boil well. Then reduce to low flame and add cornflour little by little stirring continuously.
- When it boils well, add tomato sauce and mix well. Add butter to this and mix well. Switch off the flame and serve hot…
Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair (You Tube)