1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 cup of buttermilk
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
red food colouring
For the Cream Cheese Glaze:
85 gm of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2-3 tbsp of milk
- In a large mixing bowl, add plain flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder and mix together. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla essence.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until combined.
- Add red food colouring to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium heat and lightly brush the pan with melted butter /oil or cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of prepared batter onto the hot pan using a small ladle.
- When bubbles starts to appear on the surface of the pancake (2-3 minutes), flip over and cook it for 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter, brushing the pan with melted butter or oil.
- For the cream cheese glaze- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and vanilla essence.
- Add the icing sugar slowly and mix using spatula until it get incorporated. Add milk little by little, stirring continuously until you get the desired consistency.
- Serve warm with cream cheese glaze….
Recipe Source: Laura in the Kitchen