1 cup rice flour
10 almonds / badam
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp butter
salt to taste
water, as required to knead the dough
oil for frying + 1 tsp hot oil
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 15 minutes. Then remove its skin and grind into a smooth paste adding little water.
- In a large bowl, add the rice flour, almond paste, sesame seeds, cumin seeds and salt.
- Add butter and 1 tsp of hot oil to this and knead well to a soft dough adding little water. Keep the dough covered all the time.
- Take a murukku press / mould , use the star shaped disc and fill it with the dough.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and when the oil gets heated up, reduce the flame and squeeze the murukku directly to the hot oil. Do not overcrowd.
- Fry them on medium flame till they are cooked and turn crispy on both sides. Drain in paper towel and repeat the same for the remaining dough.
- Cool down to room temperature and then store in an air tight container….Enjoy as a tea time snack…
- You can also squeeze the dough to form spiral shape on a parchment paper / back of a greased ladle and then gently drop to the hot oil and fry the chaklis till crispy…