1 1/2 kg chicken, cleaned
1 1/4 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 cup grated coconut
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp coriander powder
2 big piece cinnamon
3 onions, chopped
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
6 green chillies, chopped
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 1/4-1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
2-3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- In a large bowl, add cleaned chicken pieces, turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder and salt and mix well with hand. Keep it aside for 1/2 hr.
- Grind together grated coconut, cumin seeds, coriander powder, cloves and cinnamon to a smooth paste adding little water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and saute adding little salt.
- When it starts to change colour, add chopped tomatoes and saute well.
- Add chopped green chillies, ginger paste and garlic paste and saute well till raw smell goes.
- Add marinated chicken into this and mix well for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook covered till done at medium flame, stirring in between.
- Then add ground coconut paste, mix well and cook at low flame for 6-7 minutes.
- Adjust the salt and when the oil separates, add lemon juice and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot….
Recipe Source: Magic Oven