1 cup bamboo rice / mulayari
1 cup raw rice / pachari
1/2 cup urad dal
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Soak bamboo rice, raw rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds together for 8-10 hours.
- Wash it well and grind it adding enough water to a smooth batter.
- Add salt to this and mix well with your hand. Keep it for fermentation for 10-12 hours or overnight.
- Stir the batter thoroughly with a ladle.
- Heat a dosa pan/ tawa and grease with oil.
- Pour a big ladleful of dosa batter in the centre and using the back of the ladle spread it in a circular motion.
- Drizzle little oil over the dosa and cook on both sides until it turns golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the pan and serve hot with chutney…