3/4-1 kg crabs, cleaned
1 bunch basale / malabar spinach
1 1/2 cup grated coconut
5 green chillies
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
gooseberry sized tamarind
5 garlic cloves
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
- Cut and clean the crabs and keep it aside.
- Separate the leaves and stems of basale/ malabar spinach and wash it properly. Roughly chop the leaves ( about 2-3 cup) and cut the tender stems ( about 1 cup) into 4 inch pieces.
- Soak tamarind in little water, extract its juice and keep it aside.
- Grind together grated coconut, green chillies, coriander powder and turmeric powder to a smooth paste.
- In a pressure cooker, add chopped spinach and its stem , garlic and cook for 2-3 whistles adding little water.
- In a manchatti/ pan, add the ground coconut paste, cooked spinach, tamarind juice, curry leaves and salt and mix well.
- When it starts to boil, add cleaned crabs and mix well and cook it covered until done, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot….
Recipe Source: YouTube…