1 cup bitter gourd/ pavakka / kaipakka
3/4 cup grated coconut
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
salt to taste
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 shallots, chopped
3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tbsp oil
- Chop the bitter gourd into small pieces.
- In a manchatti / pan, add bitter gourd, grated coconut, salt and 1/4 cup of water and mix well and cook it covered at medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Open the lid, mix well and cook it covered for 3-4 minutes till the water dries up.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add chopped shallots, dry red chillies and curry leaves and saute well till brown.
- Add cooked bitter gourd to this, mix well for 1-2 minutes till dry. Switch off the flame and serve with rice…