650 gm pumpkin ( 1 cup pumpkin puree )
2 cups self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice powder
100 gm butter, softened
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a loaf pan with butter or spray with baking spray ( or line with baking paper).
- Peel and cut pumpkin into pieces and cook it till tender adding little water. Keep it aside to cool.
- Then drain the water and grind the cooled pumpkin into smooth puree (about 1 cup). Keep it aside.
- Sift together self raising flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon and mixed spice powder and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until well combined. Add pumpkin puree and stir well.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and stir gently to combine. Then transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-55 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely… Then slice the bread and serve…