1 cup roasted rava / semolina
1/4-1/3 cup grated coconut
salt to taste
water, as required
- In a bowl, add the roasted rava and salt and mix well.
- Add / sprinkle water little by little and mix well with hand without any lumps till it becomes wet/ moist.
- Take a puttu maker and layer it with 1 tbsp grated coconut first, then the rava and then a layer of grated coconut. Repeat the process till the puttu maker is filled.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 7-10 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove it to a plate and serve hot with kadala curry / banana or any curry of your choice….
- To roast the rava, heat a pan and dry roast the rava for 6-8 minutes in medium flame till the nice aroma comes…