2 ripe plantain / nendrapazham (just start to ripe)
oil for frying
- Peel the skin of the bananas and slice them into thin round pieces.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and when the oil has heated enough, add the sliced banana pieces in the hot oil without overcrowding them.
- Keep the flame in high and spread the banana slices with a fork.
- After 2 minutes, reduce the flame into medium and fry it well, stirring it occasionally flipping on both sides.
- When the chips are changing its colour into light brown and almost done, turn the flame into high and sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt water into the oil carefully.
- Then remove it from the oil when it turns crisp and transfer them into a strainer.
- Repeat the same process with rest of the sliced bananas…
- Allow it to cool and then store in an air tight container.