4 cup wheat flour
5 ripe small bananas/ cherupazham / palayankodan pazham
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 cup + 1/4 cup water
oil for frying
- In a blender, add bananas and sugar and blend well and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, add wheat flour, baking soda, cardamom powder and salt and mix well.
- Add ground banana mixture to this and mix well with spoon. Then mix well with hand.
- Add water little by little ( about 1 cup) and mix well. Keep it covered for 2 hours.
- Then add water 1 tbsp at a time and knead to a smooth dough ( about 1/4 cup water). It should be a sticky consistency.
- Heat oil for frying in a deep bottomed pan.
- Wet your hand and take some dough and roll into round shape.
- Drop it into the hot oil and fry it in batches at low flame till golden brown both sides.
- Drain them on a paper towel and serve hot with tea or coffee…
- Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair