8-10 ladle of thick idli batter
1 cup beetroot, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
1/2 inch ginger, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
- In a blender, add the chopped beetroot, green chilli, ginger and cumin seeds and grind well to a fine paste adding enough water.
- Strain the beetroot juice into a large bowl and add the thick idli batter, stir well and add salt if required.
- Heat a dosa tawa/ pan and lightly grease with oil.
- Pour a ladle full of batter in the centre and using the back of the ladle spread as concentric circles.
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp of oil over the dosa and cook till crispy. Turn the other side and cook if required.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambar…..
- You can also prepare this dosa by grinding only beetroot if you do not want spicy dosa…