2 1/2 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp mixed spice powder ( or cinnamon powder)
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup shredded / desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a 12- hole cupcake /muffin tin with baking spray or line the muffin tin with paper liners and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together plain flour, baking powder, salt and mixed spice powder and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until well combined.
- Then add the mashed banana, milk and vanilla essence and whisk well.
- Add the dry ingredients (step 2) into this wet ingredient and stir until just combined.
- Add melted butter and shredded / desiccated coconut into this and stir until combined with the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 18-22 minutes until golden or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely and then serve..