400 gm Chinese noodles
200 gm boneless chicken breast
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp sugar
1 + 2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
3 tbsp corn flour
1 small onion, thinly sliced
3 tbsp spring onion
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 carrot, cut into thin strips
1 small capsicum , cut into thin strips
1/2 cup cabbage, cut into thin strips
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp red chilli sauce
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Boil water in a large pan adding a tsp of oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Add noodles to this and cook till done. Strain in colander, rinse under cold running water and drain thoroughly. Add a tsp of oil over the cooked noodles and keep it aside.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and marinate it with lemon juice, 1/2 tsp sugar and salt and keep it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 egg, 1/2 tsp white pepper powder, corn flour and mix well. Add 2 tbsp oil and little salt and marinate it for another 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Drain the excess water from the marinated chicken.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add the marinated chicken and cook it till done stirring occasionally and remove it from the pan.
- In a bowl, add 2 eggs and mix with 1/2 tsp white pepper powder and little salt and keep it aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the same pan and add the egg and scramble it till done. Remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add 2 tbsp spring onion and thinly sliced onion and saute for a minute.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for few seconds till the raw smell disappear.
- Add chopped carrot and capsicum to this and cook over high flame stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and mix well. Add 1 tsp white pepper powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder and little salt and mix well.
- Now add the cooked chicken and egg and mix evenly.
- Add the cooked noodles to this and mix evenly. Add soy sauce and red chilli sauce and mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish it with remaining chopped spring onion and serve hot….
Recipe Source: Sanaa’s Recipe Notebook